Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The world became a very dark place

And it wasn't in my mind, for once.

I went to pick up Stick Girl today, same as always. Simian Boy decided at the last moment to ride along. There was "weather" predicted, so I took the UrbanTruckster, as opposed to the convertible. I'd be very happy if we got hail dents in the UrbanTruckster.

The carpool line was longer than usual. The crossing gards looked like lonshoremen. And the golfers...

Well, I must admit, I never before noticed that there's a green just to the right of the crossing guard area next to the school. A pond--excuse me--water hazard, I've noticed, but I never looked for a green. Obviously, I don't golf. I only noticed the green because a guy came running through the crosswalk without the benefit of the guard (GASP) which was no big deal since traffic was at its usual 2:55 standstill. Then he came running back through with a golf ball in his hand, like Bruce Jenner on the Wheaties box. "I got it!" Then I finally noticed the other three golfers who were still out, despite the lighning.

Goin' for the Caddyshack moment, boys?

After Stick Girl was safely delivered to me through a mild rain shower to the car, we started the 1.2 mile drive home.

Plink. Plink. plink plink plink Plonk plonk plonk PLONK PLONK PLONK PLONKPLONKPLONKPLONKPLONKPLONKPLONKPLONKPLONK.

And then it sounded like the buildup to the Fonze jumping all those barrels just before he crashed.

Two cars stalled, water hazards running over, no visibility, and the street was all of a sudden--full. Yet, we made it home without incident.

IT WAS SO COOL!

I love rain.

No comments: