Friday, April 13, 2007

Lost luggage

American Airlines lost the BeerHound's luggage. Again. This is aproximately the 6th time, but only the fifth in a row.

It's gotten bad enough that we nearly went strait to the baggage minion to file a complaint, rather than even looking on the carousel.

We filed the trace. The minion was helpful and efficient.

Then at 4:00 AM this morning my phone was ringing. Assuming it was about death, since we've already got a war and taxes aren't due until Monday, I groggily answered.

"Hello?"

"Ma'am, I'm sorry about the lateness of this call, but I'm standing at your front door with your luggage." I was impressed. She got to the point. She kept me from getting pissed off. This woman was a pro.

I walked the few feet to the front door and signed my illegible scrawl where my sister was supposed to sign, and quickly checked that the suitcase had balls.

My sister likes her suitcase to have balls. It makes it easier to find on the carousel. You know, if it ever makes it that far.

It had balls. There was much rejoicing.

Then I hefted it inside--it was quite heavy since it was mostly beer--and put it where the BeerHound would see it.

It takes a special kind of person to wake people up in the middle of the night and give them luggage, and do it graciously.

1 comment:

somethinkorother said...

Not that you might read this before I call you but do you want to ride to the races together?