Friday, May 30, 2008

Anyone?

Being mildly OCD as I am--and I know most of y'all don't believe that because most of the time I look like a drunken slob--I have this method of organization that includes leaving any e-mails that require action in my in-box until they're over and done with. I can't move them to an "action item" folder because then I would never see them, and I'd miss all these deadlines and stuff.

Not that I have many deadlines.

Anyhoo, all of my action items right now have to do with end-of-school stuff. Apparently the school year can't just, I dunno, END--it must be celebrated. Repeatedly. Teachers and leaders thanked, snacks funded, good times reviewed.

While I certainly understand why my kids love this stuff, and wholeheartedly agree that thank-you gifts are in order...it still bugs the crap out of me. I really don't like going to my kids' in-school parties. When I grew up, parents didn't attend the school Christmas party (except it's now called the "December Break Party") or the Valentines party or field day. Parents weren't invited. End of story.

But I find that I'm socially obligated to attend these things. And you know what? I don't want to. I've been through Kindergarten through twelfth grade once, and I don't want to do any of it again. Even the pleasant parts, like the parties.

So could someone--anyone--please send me an e-mail that has nothing to do with school ending? Thanks so much.

No comments: