Wednesday, November 21, 2007

RECENTLY in my Gmail:

BeerPup: So, you taking any extra days off around Thanksgiving? For some reason asking you that reminded me I was going to make some lefse.

DoorKey: Nothing extra. [Personal info deleted] What are you up to?

BeerPup: Today, cleaning.  My best buddy SaxyGal will come over to assist.  We will make the house look fantabulous and then we will have many beers. Tomorrow I will buy many groceries.  I will then slice many vegetables.  I will glare at my turkey that I put in the fridge from the freezer a week ago, which is still frozen solid.  Then I'll put the really cheap bottle of chianti into the fridge. Then I will consume many beers while making dressing, setting the table, and attaching post-it notes to each serving bowl as to what they will contain the next day. This is when the lefse might be created. Thursday at 5am I'll glare at the turkey some more, then stick it in cold water in the sink.  Then I'll cook the turkey, mash 5 pounds of potatoes, make giblet gravy, and drink most of the wine in the fridge. (The only ones in the family who drink are me and my brother-in-law.) I will ask my brother-in-law if he's got any pot.  Just to make him uncomfortable. I will explain to my son that it's not proper to eat thanksgiving dinner in your underwear. My in-laws will do the dishes while I stand in the garage and smoke. Then we'll watch the Cowboys loose to the Jets.  I will laugh and the rest of the family will glare at me as if I were a still-frozen turkey. Then the kids will open their birthday presents. Friday, I'lll sleep. Saturday I'll finally unload the dishwasher from Thursday.  Then the kids' friends will come over for a playdate. Sunday I will be at a loss because there won't be a NASCAR race to watch.  So I'll probably just take a nap. Guess that covers it,

DoorKey: So nothing really planned then.

BeerPup: No, nothing special.

2 comments:

Soberphobic said...

I lol'ed at that.

Nick said...

There's a higher probability they'll schedule a Nascar race for Sunday out of the blue and I'll win it than that the Cowboys will loose to the Jets.