Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Not Missing Anything

Today, I made the Jesus of Cheese hide my laptop from me, until, I told him, "I've picked up the kids and they're working on their homework."

Normally, I'm all over the interweb, checking my mail, a couple of bulletin boards, news pages, the checking account. All fucking day. Not that I don't do anything else, because I do.

Sometimes.

However, today I had the inspiration to get a few things done. Not MUCH. Just a few things.

And it was an experiment of sorts.

It's been about 20 months since the Jesus of Cheese quit the Pink Entity and went to work for The Bobs full time.

He could work from home. He could work in the middle of the night, theoretically. He could work in his underwear.

And he does.

The pay and benefits are the same, if not better. Plus he doesn't have to wear ties any more, he doesn't have to pay homage to the Tollway Goddess, nor pay for the gas for the commute.

Hell, our UrbanTruckster only has 50K miles on it, and it's 6 years old.

We are officially LOW MAINTENANCE.

And this gives new meaning to "nooners" for me.

So what's my problem?

Um, motivation...I think...maybe?

The truth is, I can't get a damn thing done when The Dave's here. On difficult days, I'll just be getting started unloading the dishwasher, cleaning the kitchen, whatever, and all of a sudden he wants to go out to lunch or something.

And who would look a gift lunch in the mouth? Me.

Scenario: BeerPup is on her computer, wasting time. For hours. The Dave ignores the BeerPup. He IS working, after all.

10 minutes later: BeerPup is wearing an apron and up to her elbows in suds and sludge, cleaning something. The Dave asks her to lunch.

The BeerPup's brain explodes.

Today was an experiment. Why waste hours on the computer? Because honestly, it's not like the world can't survive without me knowing the latest...whatever. So I got rid of the option, for the day.

I guess it worked. My house is pretty clean. Not REALLY clean. But not embarrassing. I had a list, and I did all the crap on it. Except for one thing, which I'll do right now. Hold on.

SaxyGal called. Check. List complete and shredded.

I'm thinking giving the Jesus of Cheese possession of the laptop is probably a good thing.

I think I can hack it. But only because I can still check my mail on my iPhone.

No comments: