Thursday, November 8, 2007

Beware of BeerHounds Bearing Gifts

A couple of lifetimes ago, just after the BeerHound had moved away to work at...that really big important hospital, I went to visit her and she handed me this stuffed...thing.

"Here's your Mister Right!" she said.

"Ummmm," I said, hesitating to even put my hand out to take it.

It was...how do I describe it. In craft stores, you can buy fabric that's pre-printed with a pattern on it. This one was a stuffed toy; you were supposed to cut it out, sew it, and stuff it, and presto, instant toy.

This one was a cowboy. He actually looked like a Cabbage Patch cowboy. Doughy face. Benign smile. About 2 feet high.

"Why," I asked, "Is he called Mister Right?"

"'Cause he's a snappy dresser and he doesn't talk back!"

Mkay. Good enough.

No comments: