Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Party addendum: the aftermath

When we were speculating at the party how to get the wax stuff out of Dave's hair, someone said Noxema. That's when I realized I not only didn't have Noxema, I didn't have cold cream or even baby oil.

"CVS!" suggested Sharon Tate. "Open all night!"

So we stopped at the CVS at the corner of Coit & McDermott. Dave didn't want to go inside, dressed in costume, so I went.

There I am, the Bride, Madeline Kahn...shopping. I eventually found what I needed and went to the checkout. I had to wait a while for a checker to show up. Meanwhile there was a couple nearby sort of arguing.

The checker checked me out, then turned to the arguing couple as I left.

NO REACTION! From any of them. As if women with vertical black and white hair, dressed in a neglige and fur mules walk in and shop all the time.

I was dissappointed.

But if that's sort of normal around there, maybe I should break out the costmes more often.

1 comment:

Nick said...

That CVS doesn't sell beer. F that CVS!