Friday, June 29, 2007

I'm a horrible mother

I suck.

My daughter lost a tooth today, gave it to me for safe keeping, and I lost it.

Fuck.

I put it next to my computer and now it's just...gone.

Okay, considering both my kids have been messing around by my desk, I could blame them, but it was a stupid place to put it and expect it to be there later.

Under my daughter's supervision, I wrote a note to the Tooth Fairy, for under her pillow. I e-mailed the Tooth Fairy. Stick Girl wouldn't go to bed until she saw me type "toothfairy@gmail.com" into the "To:" field. Explained. Hit "Send." Born micromanager, that Stick Girl.

I'm pretty sure the Tooth Fairy will pay up and accept the tooth later when we find it...if ever.

The Tooth Fairy's pretty forgiving, that way.

3 comments:

Rank and File said...

Just leave a note saying "I (tooth fairy) found the tooth and kept it. I found it under the _______. It is a very special tooth to me so I kept it to give to a child in need of this special tooth."

Tooth Fairy.

Nick said...

lol. I like "rank and file" idea a LOT. :-) btw, I hit the Tooth Fairy once. Not a bad piece of ass, I must say.

Nick said...

She performed well considering her tight schedule.