Monday, June 11, 2007

Day Three: Keystone, South Dakota

Day Two was largely spent driving across Nebraska.

Nebraska is large.

Right now, however, I am sitting outside my motel room in the heart of the Black Hills. I can see Mt. Rushmore off to my left, and a lot of RVs off to my right, so I'm sure I'm in the right place.

Yesterday we saw wild buffalo, went to the Crazy Horse monument, to Mt. Rushmore, and ate pizza. I highly recommend Crazy Horse. It's cool. Amazing. Impressive. Enlightening. Sort of weird.

Mt. Rushmore is Mt. Rushmore. You go because it's there, not because you want to. The kids loved it because it gave them the opportunity to run up and down the stairs of the amphitheater, and because they sell ice cream there. The place also has THREE bookstores.

Today we'll drive through Deadwood and walk around the base of Devil's Tower. I don't think we'll meet any aliens, though.

We'll spend the night somewhere in that state further up the road.

North Dakota.

No comments: