Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sonic

It's official. Our Sonic kicks ass. I already knew that.

For those up North and in other non-privileged places--and yes, I know there's now a Sonic in Savage, MN--Sonic is a classic drive-in restaurant. Drive up, park angled, peruse the menu, push the button, and order. Then they bring you your food.

AND!

The food's great. You can use your credit card right at the menu/order button console. They have a huge menu, and a drink happy hour (half price, 2 to 4 PM or somethingish). Cherry limeade at half price! You can't beat that!

And yes, sometimes the carhop is actually on roller skates. They even have a condiment carhop, who almost seems like a Cigarette Girl. (Look it up.)

When I go there in the PTLoser, I always take the top down. Because it's a drive-in, and it's a convertible, I have to. It's a law. I think it's a Federal law, actually.

It does confuse the children, though. But then I just tell them to hush up and sing along with "Take It Easy"* and we all leave happy. Because we leave with french fries AND tator tots AND onion rings.

Fast food nirvana. Kid you not.

*Yes, we went to Sonic in Winslow, Arizona. But it wasn't as good as the one at home.

1 comment:

Soberphobic said...

Sonic rocks! Whenever I travel I make sure to take in at least one Sonic stop. And sometimes a Waffle House. Drives my wife crazy.

I can't wait for the day they bring one up to beautiful Fargo. Although rollerskates are probably not too effective at -20 and 45 mile an hour winds.