Friday, October 24, 2008

Now this is a new one.

The most recent Google search hit to my page came from the phrase "how to steal a Ford Contour." Bwaahaaahaahaaaaa!

If any of you recall, in the post that refers to the event: the perpetrator had access to the keys, and I specifically asked, "Why the fuck would anyone want to steal a 1996 Ford Contour?"

And really, why would anyone? Maybe because they're easy to steal, but I have no idea if that's true. Probably easier than, say, a BMW. Or even a Volkswagen--a relatively new one anyway.

Perhaps if you already owned one, and wanted another one for spare parts, and had the garage space to Frankenstein the two together without any authorities actually catching you.

Or just a plain old chop shop. However, one would assume those people already know how to steal one, and therefore don't need to Google it.

I guess I don't understand why anyone would want to bother even fixing such an old piece of crap. But that's just my opinion.

No comments: