Friday, April 25, 2008

Substitute Bitch

So I'm in the car line. It was moving, but it came to a halt right in front of me. The van that was parked in front of me was picking up several girls who took forever (okay, five minutes, but in the car line five minutes IS forever) to get to their ride. This car was right in the middle of the circle drive. You can't get any closer to the school door with a car.

Let me note, I was directly behind this car. So I was the NEXT closest car to the door. I could see my kids, 20 feet away, standing with a substitute teacher. They pointed to me. The woman didn't bring them over. I tried to catch her eye and motion for her to bring them over. She didn't. I opened my car door, stood on the running board, and motioned for her to bring them over.

Take note, all the while the car in front of me is still waiting for its passengers.

Finally the car in front of me moved. Then the substitute actually tried to make me pull all the way forward in the circle drive!

Now please note, this woman had just refused to walk 20 feet Southwest to bring my children to me, and wouldn't let them walk over on their own. While five minutes went by with NOTHING HAPPENING.

THEN she wants me to pull all the way forward so she can walk my kids 30 feet Northeast?

Um, no. I was fed up. I refused to go any further than as close as I could get to where they had were standing (this is obnoxious car line behavior).

GEEZ!

I have no idea why this woman wouldn't release my kids.

And I won't say anything to anyone, because somehow, some way, I would end up looking like the bitch.

But it does feel good to tell YOU. Thanks for listening.

No comments: