Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ibanez JS1200 Joe Satriani Signature Guitar



I had fun buying Dave's present.

A few years ago, I promised him a white American-made stratocaster. It never happened; we got really poor right after that.

Hopefully, this will make up for that.

Plus, the sales guy was really thrilled to sell the thing to me. The store was full of people, but I got the feeling that my purchase was probably the single high-ticket item of the day.

The same year that I promised Dave the strat, we had Christmas Eve at... Well, it would take too long to 'splain who these people were. Suffice to say that the evening included a sing-along. We sang Christmas songs, plus traditional Irish songs, to the guitar accompaniment of the local district attorney.

The music was much better after the intermission. Rick, the D.A., put his guitar down during the intermission and Dave picked it up, just to mess around on it, but he had to tune it first.

He SERIOUSLY had to tune it first.

So, though I have very fond memories of Dave playing actual songs on his, or someone else's, guitar, most often I like watching him tune them.

The master at his craft. THAT kicks ass.

I can't wait until he opens his present!

1 comment:

Nick said...

wow. now that's a cool gift. i still have Ed's old Mexican strat lying around in the bunker. he left it at my house once and i never returned it. it needs an overhaul, new strings and a lot of reworking to play like it's supposed to. i need to do that one of these days. Ed would love getting his guitar back in better shape than when he left it at the orphanage all those years ago, i bet.