Wednesday, December 12, 2007

From 12 December 2004: I lost my balls

(Originally Posted/Updated: Sunday, 12/12/2004 5:28:43 PM)

Not that a woman can't live without balls; quite the contrary.

So we're decorating our huge Christmas tree today, which of course involved rooting around the attic for a while, getting really sweaty and dirty, and trying to keep my 3 year old from following me up the ladder (which didn't work; he climbed up anyway). I separated all the boxes of Christmas decorations from the boxes of unused electronic components and connectors, and hauled the festivities down.

I also hauled down the 15' artificial tree. We only have 14' ceilings. Once the tree was assembled (minus the top section) and lighted, we let the kids go crazy putting decorations on up as far as they could reach--about 3.5 feet.

It was then that I noticed that my balls were missing. Two entire boxes of decoration, lost in the void of my suburban utopian storage spaces. Attic or closet--it doesn't matter; they're not there.

They weren't all that great to begin with, but still. Nobody likes to loose their balls.

But that's nothing compared to my sister. Turns out she lost her cones. And they were gold, too! A woman can live without balls, but it's much harder to live without cones.

Pray for her.

No comments: