Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Folk medicine

Currently I have a cold. Or really bad allergies.


On top of that, I had a migrane yesterday. It's been a while since I've had one--a couple of years, at least. Therefore, I don't have any handy-dandy migrane narcotics on hand like Midrin or Tylenol-3 or whatever.


I was doing okay at home in the deep, cool, quiet of my tv room, but when it was time to take SassyZAF (no longer Stick Girl) to her piano lesson, it got bad. Here's a tip: if you have a migrane, do NOT go to a music store. Just sayin'.


About 30 seconds away from calling my doctor and asking if I could come in for a shot of Imitrex, I realized it would be cheaper to take one last shot at a home cure: 7-Eleven coffee.


People look at you weird when you buy coffee at 5pm. Not that I care. I mean, I KNOW it's been sitting there for hours, and that the pot is probably a combo of five different brews. As long as they're not decaf, I don't care. Thicker the better. Consistency of tar. Properties of paint thinner. Aroma of dog breath. That's the stuff.


It had a small effect over the next 90 minutes, which was enough for me to get supper [nominally] planned.


Then it happened. My head, I swear, actually felt lighter. The pain simply lifted and my scalp got all tingly.


There is no feeling so wonderful as being in pain, and then NOT. Ah, clarity! Joy! Euphoria!


All yours, available for $1.50 at America's favorite convenience store!



*And I know you're thinking this, but I'm actually not addicted to caffene. I don't drink it daily. Surprised, aren't you? So, no, my headache wasn't due to caffene withdrawl. I've had that headache. That's an entirely different headache. But thank you for your concern.

2 comments:

Nanda ggg_dddd said...

hai,how do you doing?.....
your blogg is interesting if you want to know about me just send a email to nanda4srptc@gmail.com

Nanda ggg_dddd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.