Sunday, June 14, 2009

And then he punched me

Some time in junior high, my brother The Boy came home with a story.


We were all required to tell a story when we came home from school. "How was school today?" was never answered with, "Fine."


"It was so funny! Cass was telling a story about this guy, he was just talking, this guy, and the said something about punching someone and when he did it, he threw a punch in the air to demonstrate. But just at that moment, someone walked around the corner and the guy accidentally punched him!!


"But here's the funny part! When CASS was telling the story, he did the same thing, see? He threw the punch. But just at that moment, Hammer walked around the corner and Cass punched him!"


By now, The Boy was pretty animated, waving his arms, imitating Hammer's shocked look.


"Isn't that funny? I mean he's ALREADY telling a story about someone accidentally punching someone, and it happens again! Just like--" he threw a punch.


Just as I walked around the corner.

1 comment:

somethinkorother said...

ahhhhh, yes, I'm coming off the ledge now. I have my fix of the beerpup's telling of the life stories. thank you! I really missed them.
btw, did you mean April or May instead of June when you stopped the devil sticks?