Friday, May 11, 2007

If you love Junebug, set him free...

I'm going to do some speculation here about Theresa Earnhardt. I think she was always out for herself, even when she first married Dale Sr. I'm not saying she didn't love the guy; I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. And I think that around the time that Sr. died, there was a good chance that Thersa would not be Mrs. Earnhardt forever, or even for long. She was, after all, the third wife, and he was, after all, a volatile man. I think he was a little nuts, particularly since he had a bit of an invincibility complex.

You've only got to look at the footage from the last few seconds of his life to know that the man didn't think he could die; what he was doing was just that dangerous. (In addition to the rumor I've heard that he habitually would undo his safety harness in the last few laps of a race.)

He didn't think he was going to die, so he hadn't bothered to consider legal matters if that should happen.

Looking at interviews of Theresa, one thing that strikes me most about her is that she has almost no body language. No emotions at all.

One thing I love about racing and all the personalities that surround it, is that people will usually SAY what they're supposed to, but their body language often says something different. Theresa's doesn't say anything.

That is most often interpreted as bitchy. And maybe she is.

But she most certainly made, as Julia Roberts once said in a movie, a "Big mistake. Big. HUGE!"

6 comments:

Rank and File said...

I think Jr. will be driving the Goodwrench #3 in 2008. Harvick all of the sudden has a new sponsor for 2007 and you don't see Goodwrench anywhere. Coincidence??? I don't think so.

Nick said...

My "friends" and I play this game called "I loved you in.." where you take a situation and you apply a movie... "I loved you in Monster". btw, Charlize Theron is possibly the ONLY actor or actress that you can google BOTH their first and last names and get their IMDB as the first link.

BeerPup said...

Nah, I think Budweiser will follow Junior wherever he goes. They're not leaving that cash cow behind.

Nick, I loved you in Leaving Las Vegas

somethinkorother said...

rank and file if that happens I will give you a blow pop cuz it's a way out left field idea.
real job? what have you been doing with the kids all this time? :)
nick I loved you in Scrubs
Beerpup I loved you in The Outlander. book and just cuz you are so strong and smart like Claire. I would never make it in the past.

Julie Borst said...

Budweiser will follow Junior to the ends of the Earth. They love seeing the sea of red in the stands every weekend. No one in their right mndwould give that up. Which brings us to Teresa...definitely NOT in her right mind. I think your description of her, BP, is spot on. And boy did she blow it. So now what? She's going to make a deal to run Fords?

somethinkorother said...
This comment has been removed by the author.