Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Charmin: Soft, Strong, or Basic?

Earlier today The Dave was commenting on toilet paper advertising. He was noting that "absorbency" is NOT something he's overly concerned about in a toilet paper. "It's not like most people have leaky diarrhea on a regular basis," was his position.

"When's the last time you bought toilet paper?"

"No, it's not that, it's...that's not the most important thing..."

"When's the last time you BOUGHT toilet paper? I mean, picked it off the shelf and plopped down your money and got a reciept?"

"You're intentionally misunderstanding what I'm saying."

"No, I absolutely understand that men don't consider absorbency the most important feature when selecting toilet paper--that would be cleaning power or something."

"I usually want to know how well it will protect my hand."

"I know. However, it's an advertisement. They're selling something. They're selling it to someone who is going to actually buy it, which is me. And I really DO want absorbent toilet paper. Probably about 80% of toilet paper is sold to women. And for the other 20%, well, they can sell you the "strong" stuff."

The Dave looked at me with the expression I've heard described as the Cat Butt Face. We dropped the topic.

1 comment:

somethinkorother said...

I buy the Angel Soft cuz it's cheap.