Friday, November 7, 2008

I Like Dreamin'

I dream a lot. When I was on Ambien, I didn't dream at all. I did all kinds of stuff I didn't remember on Ambien besides dreaming. Like eating and sex and taking care of my kids and stuff. Yeah, freaky. No, not up for discussion.

These dreams. It'll be your normal, toward morning REM sleep kind of dream, and there will be something that totally stresses me out, and then I'll say, "Oh, fuckitall, I'm going to smoke and I don't give a shit that I quit and this will fuck it up. I'm smoking anyway." Then, in my dream, I smoke a cigarette, and it's WONDERFUL.

I wake up feeling really, really, extremely guilty, because for a few minutes I think I've started smoking again. Then I realize I HAVEN'T started smoking again. I didn't fuck up; I just dreamt it.

The cigarettes I smoke in my dreams are wonderful. If that's all I have for the rest of my life, I'll take it.

No comments: