Friday, July 17, 2009

Tax

You know, I have no reason to complain. But yet I do.

This morning I was busy 7:30 until 11:30 trying to get my homestead tax exemption filed in such a manner that I could prove it's been filed. Tried the OurTown office. "Nope, we only mail them." Tried the CountySeatTown office. "Nope, we only mail them." Wha???? Turns out the tax administration building is separate from the tax payment offices, and in fact is nowhere near the tax assessor himself. The lady who finally did help me was wonderful. The other people? No so much. Oh, and I had to stop home in between the first and second stops to have a fight with The Dave. Then I left the kids by themselves while I tried the second time, but since I couldn't call or anything to let them know I'd be very late (Stick Girl's phone didn't work) I had to go home to tell them I would be gone another hour.

So I've totally blown my diet--which I just got back onto Tuesday--by eating half a tube of fat-free Pringles and since I went that far, I'm now having beer. I will not, however, go out and buy cigarettes because if I want to throw away money like that, I may as well buy a lottery ticket.

3 comments:

somethinkorother said...

Needing of the help? What can I do?

BeerPup said...

Nah, it was just a really nutty day. Thanks, though.

somethinkorother said...

i would like a story of when you weere a kiddo and attended sunday school functions. got any. i was listening to Prairie home companion and thought you could do much better than they. hehe