Monday, July 30, 2007

Transformers: Quick review

The Jesus of Cheese and I saw this movie on Saturday. Yeah, I know it's been out a month. So what. If you've already seen it, you're a geek.

However, I liked it. Really.

I was too old for the toys and the cartoon. I knew what they were, but didn't care, didn't know the names of any of the doohickeys and since it had no effect on whether or not my fake ID worked in bars, it didn't matter.

However, I married a younger man. Stamina/recovery and all that. Hey, it's true!

Wait, I got distracted for a second. The movie. Um, yeah.

I enjoyed the story. It was funny, engaging, not too deep. The action was great. It's Michael Bay, so that's what it's always going to be. The FX was spectacular.

The acting.

Well, for a second, I thought that Shia LaBeouf looked exactly like Russell Crowe in a scene from "Brides of Christ" (an Australian miniseries from 1991) so...

Well, I liked Shia.

Overall, the movie was funny, entertaining, had action, and enough menace for dramatic effect, but not enough to make me feel like it was jerking my fear chain.

In retrospect, The Jesus of Cheese concurred that I must have missed half of the story, not knowing jack shit about the Transformaconemonsmurfjoeturtles. But it didn't seem to matter.

Go see it, or rent it, or whatever. It's worth a couple of hours of your time.

No comments: